The very lovely Chestnut at http://gamergirlconfessions.blogspot.co.nz/ has kindly nominated me and several other bloggers for the creative blogger award. Its very nice indeed to be included with the amazing blogs she also nominated so a big thanks to her!
So with many blogging awards comes some duties of the nominated – the rules are as follows
Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify them via their social media/blogs.
Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
Pass on the rules.
I think everyone can agree that nominating 15-20 blogs not only causes a near chain letter of blog awarding so I’ll keep my nominations down to 5 like Chestnut and others have.
So on to the 5 facts I guess.
1. I started drawing a few months ago – before then I had not considered myself particularly talented with art although I did know I could kinda draw when I tried. I’m not sure what prompted me to start drawing but I am sure that a few of the amazing artists I follow on twitter inspired me to give it a shot. I don’t really consider myself an great artist but more of a happy potterer.
2. I have 4 children, an 18yo son who is one of the nicest people i have had the pleasure to see grown and develop into an amazing young man. I have a 5 year old boy and twin 2.5 year olds – a girl and a boy. They keep me fully entertained on the family front. It has been a challenge keeping up writing and art and blogging with everything going on.
3. I am right brained dominant/dyslexic which for me means I do not see letters only pictures. It has made learning to spell something that has taken much practice and a lot of memory of where the keys are on my keyboard to perfect. I still tend to write things in “near-english” and then have to re-organize them into a more logical way. This hasn’t stopped me writing and editing my first book as well as writing several other books that I have yet to start to edit. I also have a short story published in an anthology. I have come along way from the teenager who struggled to read and write.
4. My first experience of online gaming was in MUDs back at university. I played and wrote for a mud called Legacies Dawning which was a modified code set of The Forests Edge mud which was a modified diku mud. I started creative writing there, building rooms and items and learning the craft. I keep that up for a year or so before the pressure of life and general burn out had me drift away.
5. I don’t eat dairy, wheat or sugar (this includes honey, maple syrup and fruit juices). I have never been able to eat dairy- it makes my system shut down as if I had a bad head cold and starts to make breathing difficult. Wheat I had to abandon a few years ago when I kept on getting stomach cramps whenever I ate it.(was very sad because I loved bread!) And sugar was a new years resolution with a friend that stuck. Since giving up wheat and sugar I have lost 15kg(33lbs) of weight that I didnt need. Now I need to convince my life that I have enough time for some exercise!
So thanks once again to Chestnut and time to nominate some people!
1. Sypster at https://biobreak.wordpress.com/ Syp is the reason I started blogging – he inspired me through the massively podcast and his own blog to pickup the challenge.
2. Mogsy at https://mmogamerchick.wordpress.com/ she was my nanowrimo buddy and helped me cross the line on the first 50k words that i would go onto make into book1 of my fantasy series.
3. Simcha at http://simchasmanylives.com/ Simch is my mmorpg gamer buddy – we duo games together as much as we can and she is just awesome to hang out with.
4. J.D at http://jd-indieauthor.com/ JD has been such a big help in my first steps into writing and her blog is an wonderful read.
5. Tish at https://tishtoshtesh.wordpress.com/ he is curently going thru a great journy in backlog games – very entertaing blog and neat guy.